Monday, April 30, 2012

Slowing Down...

Hey everyone!  So as of late, I have had a much harder time keeping up with shipping out orders for my Etsy shop.  I have made the decision to shut it down, as we are moving soon and having a garage sale where I will try and sell of the vintage wares I have picked up here and there.  I will also post some pictures here if any of you are interested in buying anything.  I have some Pyrex still and some other cool goodies that I would be willing to let go for some good deals!  I will post a big update after the garage sale of what I have left.
I will of course, NOT stop thrifting or Estate sale-ing, but I will be buying more items that are personal to me!  That is why some of my good friends' blogs are such inspiration for me!  Many of you are so stylish and have a knack for decorating, it really helps me be able to spot "the good stuff" that I can use in my own home!

Well, aside from that news, I went to the estate sale shop this weekend when I spotted some Pyrex, but I wasn't a huge fan of their selection when I got there.  They didn't have much else I wanted either, but they did have this, which really made me laugh:

It is a board game!!!  Isn't it hilarious?!  If the picture is too small this is what it reads "PUBLIC ASSISTANCE  Why Bother Working For A Living?"  Wow!  and the illustrations on the front are just priceless.  My boyfriend wanted me to go back and buy it, I may wait it out until it goes 50% off in a couple weeks, if it is still there.

Well, I have been studying my booty off for a big final tomorrow, but I had to work this weekend.  I'm a grad student, so research is my job, and I have become so lucky as to work with horses in my research.  They are wonderful and smart and have taught me so much, including to expect the unexpected.  So when I went to work and the barn manager told me to keep an eye on a pregnant mare because she was looking uncomfortable, I didn't think that would mean we would have a baby within a couple hours!


So I welcomed this little boy into the world on Sunday, right in the middle of the day!  (Usually they wait to have their baby until the middle of the night!)  He wasn't feeling too good at first and actually ended up having to go into the vet with momma later, but he is doing much better and standing and nursing on his own now.  Keep him in your thoughts though, he is still just a baby!

Anyways, I know this is a little out of the norm from my other posts, but I just thought I would share.  I hope to post an update picture about the little guy soon, take care!

-Chelsea

2 comments:

  1. Just catching up on my blog reading. Too bad about the etsy shop! Sometimes ya just gotta cut back. Will you still do ebay?
    I am excited to see what Pyrex pieces you might be selling. Good luck with your sale.
    Hope your final went well and the little horsey gets better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new little one! So cute. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am following you now also and think I am going to enjoy reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete