So yeah, that's the rules, straight from Heidi's blog. Sorry for the copy/paste, but it's late! However, I am so game to play since I finished all my exams. (just like I told you Heidi!)
This is what Heidi asked me, and my answers:
1. If you could choose, would you like to live in a big city, small town or in the country?
Probably a big city, because that would probably be the only place I could get a job! I am hoping to become an embryologist with all my grad school training, and there aren't many fertility clinics in small towns! However, I really like the idea of living about 20 minutes away from the big city, so it's just a short commute away, but still so I can live somewhere that I can keep a horse in my backyard!
2. What skill do you wish you were better at? I wish I were better at recognizing the "good stuff" at the thrift store! You know like that toaster I found recently? Yeah, I am getting more picky, but I just know I am probably passing on some awesome items!
3. What is your favorite genre of book to read? Being a grad student, I should probably answer textbooks, but truly it is any book that has to do with animals (I know, big nerd!), but specifically where the animal doesn't die. Marley and Me ruined those kind of books and movies for me. Okay, well maybe it goes all the way back to Black Beauty and Old Yeller...
4. What is your favorite movie?
I guess I have a few:
Step Brothers really never gets old for me.
True Romance is a movie my sister just introduced me to that is a little gory, but awesome.
Shawshank Redemption is a classic. Nuff said.
5. What is your favorite decoration in your house/apartment? Why? We have this sign above our back door that is big and long and says "GOD BLESS ARIZONA". I found it when I was just a budding "picker" (I only say that because I got it at a large resale store rather than a thrift). I knew I needed it, even if it didn't match my decor. I'm born and bred Arizonan, and I think it just might be the most awesome state ever. Sure, it gets hot, but hey we don't experience hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards, winter, or any of that bad weather. But we do have Haboobs. Yep, click on that link, I know you are tempted.
6. Least favorite day of the week? Monday. Reasoning is self-explanatory.
7. Favorite pair of shoes? You know, the pair that you'll cry when they get too worn to wear anymore... All my TOMS. They are oh so comfortable. I have like 6 pairs. Not joking.
8. When did you know you wanted to start a blog? When I saw all the awesome things other bloggers were doing! I was ogling their beautiful finds and photographs of their finds and I figured, "Hey, maybe someone will be tricked into following what I have to say!" So far, ~44 of you have fallen for it! Just kidding, I LOVE all my followers and commenters, it's what keeps me sane at my "real-life" job/school.
9. Describe your perfect date. (either a romantic date or a date on the calendar... Miss Congeniality style!) My perfect date is simple, I'm no high maintenance girl. I just want to be with my man doing things we do. We would go to our favorite dinner place (May's Chicken and Waffles) and then go get ice cream afterward at the gourmet ice cream place, along with a microbrew beer. Just one, cause we're lightweights.
10. What is your go-to recipe for company? Or do you try something new each time? I don't cook, I just don't really. My man mostly cooks. Oh and I don't rally have company. It's one of those things that's more like, "Hey, you wanna crash on my couch while you're in town?" Rather than, "Would you like to spend a weekend in our beautiful cottage and we can all cook dinner and sit down at the dining table and eat?" The only thing that I know I can make if I am absolutely forced to cook dinner for someone is tri-tip steak. But it's expensive, so it's only for those that I really love!
11. What single food item could you live on if you were stranded on an island?
Pizza. It seems to have a nice variety of food groups!
And now for my questions for my tagees!
1. Where is the coolest place you have ever been?
2. What's your best organizing tip (or do you have a really hard time keeping organized, like me?)?
3. Do you have any pets? What kinds and what are their names?
4. What's your number one source of inspiration?
5. How long have you been blogging?
6. What celebrity would you meet if you could meet one? This could be anybody famous.
7. What has been your proudest DIY moment?
8. What is your favorite restaurant like? What kind of food do they have? Atmosphere?
9. What's your favorite drink? (Alocholic or Non-alcoholic!)
10. What kinds of things do you collect?
11. Have you had something special passed down to you? Tell me about it!
Here's who I am tagging! Pop on over to their blogs, there's a good chance you will love them as much as I do!
The Thrifty Picker
Nell's Vintage House
Thoughts from Meme's Corner
My Wonderfully Made
Casa De Luna Creations
Merry Magpie Vintage
Bleak 2 Unique
A Living Space
Okay so maybe that isn't 11, but 9 is pretty close! I'm getting a little tired, sorry! Hope you all enjoyed, carry on the blog tag if you get a free minute!