Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Welcome Back to the Real World!

I had such an awesome winter break, but my Spring semester has now begun and I'm already a little shocked.  So I only have two classes, which is great, but I am attending another class that my advisor teaches for undergrads, just as a little review!

I was out of town this weekend so I didn't get to hit my favorite estate sales, but I did recently pick up some things at one of my favorite local thrifts!  I went in looking to cash in on books to sell on Amazon, instead I ended up finding some great books for myself, and a few to sell!  Unlike Goodwill and Savers, these book prices are very fair, I don't think I have ever seen a book more than $2.  So here is what I ended up with:

Three old sewing books all priced at $1 or less.  I can't wait to start learning to sew.  My first priority is to clean up the guest bedroom where all my Etsy/Ebay inventory is living, then sell the guest bed, and reorganize inventory, then begin said sewing projects.  Whew, so much to do!


I think old First Aid books are cool.  I don't know why, but they are just so simple-looking and neat.  The Wild Flowers book is something I have been looking for quite a while, look at the illustrations below, they are beautiful.  I plan on scanning them and creating some unique wall-hangings with them, maybe my first hand-made part of my Etsy store! (I will mat and frame, etc.)  The map of Phoenix is just neat and colorful, and it is where I'm from.  I have found some other old road maps in the past, they are pretty neat!




The book below was just too neat to pass up.  I love cowboy and horse things, and the illustrations in this book were also very stylized and cool.  I got this for 50% off at the MLK day Savers.

Another neat-o funny think I picked up at the 50% off sale, this sweet brass unicorn, cool right?!

My mom recently picked up a big ziplock bag of jewelry at an auction for me.  Here's a few of the neat pieces of jewelry that were in it, plus a few pieces I have picked up recently:

I've been doing pretty good lately, but I have lots to do.  I am planning on slowing up with the thrifting, and focusing up what I have since I have gotten so behind on listing and taking pictures.  The good news is that there is plenty that you guys have yet to see, so I will still have lots to show you all!  I'm planning on doing some more informative posts rather than just thrift finds, so I hope you all enjoy what is to come!  Thanks!
-Chelsea

Linking up to these super fun link parties!  Please go check them out and click on some other links, you will probably find something you like!
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage

1 comment: